Thursday, September 27, 2007

Walking Off Snowdon (for Kate and Alice)


The Trail, originally uploaded by j david.

Kristen has been doing most of the posting of late, so now that I see a question I can answer, I'll jump in. Kate and her daughter Alice live in Wales. Kristen and I visited the country this spring, before we learned of Kate's blog (Journey to Motherhood, at left- very much worth visiting). Kate asks in a comment, where we spent our time.

I had a conference in Cardiff, and Kristen met me there. We spent a day or two in Cardiff and headed north. This is the path off of Snowdon, Wale's highest peak. We were wimpy tourists and took the train up the mountain (yes, it's a mountain-Hillary trained there before he climbed Everest). We really enjoyed the walk down. One gets a sense of why in this photo.

We also visited Bodnant garden (will post photos later), toured Conwy Castle, and got soaking wet walking a drover's path. It is an absolutely lovely place. We finished our trip in London- which was fabulous too.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Kris,
Send me your email and I can link you up to other 12.12.05 LIDers. My email is cocojosmiles@hotmail.com .

I've been to Snowdon Mt. also. Beautiful!

Whatshername's Mummy said...

Woohoo!!
A post for me, thank you for responding to my questions and your kind comments about my blog.
With love from Wales,
Kate