Sunday, October 28, 2007

Pimp My Ride!!!

Seat and strap coversAs we've mentioned before, Kristen has met some lovely people through gift exchanges. These are other waiting parents--alright, waiting Mom's--who agreed to trade gifts every month. (The dad's I've met are more likely to trade arc-welders, tools, and computer gadgets.) These exchanges have helped distract all of us during the months of waiting, and helped us get excited about shopping for little girls.

I've spent more time in Carter's, and Stuff-R-Us, and other such places than I care to recount. Kristen seems to enjoy this, and well, the things we've picked up are cute.

These pictures are of gifts we received a couple of weeks ago from Jaydee and Jolon. They live in Hawaii and have our style and sensibilities nailed--they've pimped Jenny's Rides!!! Just like the TV show (or at least what I remember of the cable show that shows pros re-working folks cars to make them rolling works of art).

Jolon's parents were visiting in late September and made (!) car seat and shopping seat covers for us!!! Check it out (above) with one of Jenny's stuffed animals modeling.

We are just knocked out by their thoughtfulness.

The car seat cover goes perfectly with the "cushie" strap covers that Jaydee sent us a couple of months ago. They are made of soft fleece and are much more comfortable than the industrial strenght nylon in her five-point harness. (Yep, a genuine 5-point harness, does she have a great ride or what?)

Cart seat coverOn the right, Kristen is showing-off the other gift: a cozy liner for the seat on a grocery shopping cart. Jenny will be stylin' at Safeway!

A tricked-out shopping cart!

Now, if you know my lovely wife, you know that she detests grocery shopping. I think this is the first time in years that she has gone with me on the weekly visit to our local grocery store.

The fabric makes us think of Hawaii and the thoughtfulness of these wonderful people. We've wondered if Jolon's parents are the folks from Bendigo Australia that have visited our blog. If so, thank you so much! In fact, thanks very much in any case!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh I am so glad I found your blog..Great post and pics..Gotta send hubby over here

Anonymous said...

Hi Kristen and Dave, My name is Pam, I am Jolons mother from Mt Evelyn Australia. I loved making those things for your baby. I am so excited about being a Grandma again. I already have 7 grandchildren the oldest is 21 and the youngest is 6 so can do with a new baby in the family.
Best Wishe
Pam

Dave & Kris said...

Thanks Pam!

We really appreciate the gifts and your thoughtfulness. It was great to meet Jolan and Jaydee last week. We're very excited for them (and you) too.

Dave and Kristen

Dave & Kris said...

Pam, so great to get your note, thank you again for the wonderful gifts! We have yet to "test drive" the stroller cover, but as soon as we have the umbrella stroller, we'll give it a whirl. You saw the effect on me--I went shopping!

We were so touched by your thoughtfulness. I can see the family resemblance--Jolon picked out a great Fourth of July outfit for Jenny, as we learned last week at dinner!

My mom is also very excited about another grandchild, although this will only be number 3--but the first girl! My mom has been busy knitting sweaters and blankies, and was quite the sewer in her day. I used to make my own clothes, and hope I can get the machine going for our daughter, too. I find sewing very relaxing and enjoyable, you too?

Had a wonderful time in Honolulu, and learned some interesting facts about our hotel from Jolon...he can explain, but you can probably imagine...

Here's hoping #7 comes along soon!

Kristen